Thursday, October 21, 2004

Putting my money where my mouth is

Ok, for anyone out there who is still waiting for me to post about movies and videogames, you're gonna have to wait a little bit. Like, till November 3. (Although here are my picks for videogames - Halo2 and Rome-Total War, and for movies, you will not go wrong with The Incredibles. Count on it.)

For now, its more politics. So, I was just getting into the shower the other day and I had this feeling sweep over me. A feeling that John Kerry was going to win the election.

A couple of points to note here. One, obviously, I want John Kerry to win. It aint no secret. So therefore, what's the big deal? And two, so what? Why should my feeling be at all significant? Well, first, even though I make no secret of my personal preference, I think of myself as more on the realistic/pessimistic side of the continuum, as opposed to optimistic/misguided. This is a significant intuition because it's very rare. Just looking at this thing as objectively as I can, if Kerry is withing 4 points of Bush on election day, I see him winning it due to undecided voters breaking to the democrats. It just seems to make sense to me. So I figured I'd write it down here beforehand. Of course, if I'm wrong, that'll be the last thing I care about anyway.

I hope I'm not wrong.

You've probably read all about John Stewarts withering takedown of conservative pundit Tucker Carlson on Crossfire last Friday If you haven't, read the transcript here: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0410/15/cf.01.html

John Stewart is my freaking hero. For the record, My favorite part is when he calls Carson a dick. I was just so glad that someone gave the mainstream media a kick in the ass.





No comments: